5 years of total professional experience, with 3 years in copywriting for both an agency and in-house. Experienced in creative writing for digital marketing, marketing copy, and social media marketing. Wrote copy for nationally regarded brands, coordinated media dissemination for $25M museum donation, and garnered SEO and Google Analytics certifications.
Writer in Residence
Sep 2021 – Present (11 months +)
• Generate ideas, executions, and analysis of literature and poetry daily.
• Responsible for proofreading and copy editing manuscripts and emails weekly.
• Organize and respond to incoming mail, emails, and calls for high-profile author.
National Student Advertising Competition
Sep 2019 – Apr 2020 (8 months)
• Pitched and won third place against six other university teams at virtual, district-level competition.
• Created a six-month long B2B campaign for Adobe to generate 4.5M impressions and raise unaided awareness by two percentage points.
• Led team of three copywriters in concepting creative ideas, generating
headlines, and writing body copy for social media, digital, and print.
May 2019 – Aug 2019 (4 months)
• Assisted copywriters with content for digital display and social media advertising for Hyster, N.C. Beaches, and New Business accounts.
• Authored company’s quarterly email newsletter for subscribers, partners, and clients and increased click-through rate by 50%.
• Collaborated with Art Directors to formulate and present content strategy to the Creative Director.
Marketing + Media Assistant
Kidzu Children’s Museum
Aug 2017 – Nov 2018 (1 year 4 months)
• Produced copy for print, out-of-home (OOH), and paid social media advertisements for 18 company events.
• Oversaw content for the company’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and increased number of followers by 15% to +16,000.
Lily Gavazov – page 1
• Handled internal and external marketing communications with 50 employees and 90,000 annual visitors.
Ackland Art Museum, UNC-Chapel Hill
Sep 2016 – May 2017 (9 months)
• Wrote content daily for the museum’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts and increased number of followers by 20% to +11,000.
• Produced copy weekly for print and OOH advertisements placed around a town of +60,000 residents.
• Designed monthly exhibit event advertisements for display at the museum’s entrance to 40,000 annual visitors.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Bachelor of Arts – BA, Media and Journalism, Advertising; Creative Writing Minor, Poetry
2016 – 2020